It is that time of year when you get to start opening the windows again, letting the fresh air in and the stale air out. It is also that time of year when you need to sort out, store and discard stuff that you still want to use and those that you no longer use. But as you go about with your spring cleaning, don’t forget to tidy up your makeup kit, too. Here are some “spring cleaning make up tips.”
Know what makeup to keep and what to toss in the trash. Unlike food, your makeup usually doesn’t have an expiration date. However, that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t deserve a one-way trip to the trash. Makeup can usually last for a couple of months or even a year. A lip gloss, for example, can last for 18 to 24 months, while a liquid gel eyeliner or mascara have a shelf life for up to three months. Powder blush, eyeshadows and bronzers can last up to two years.
Learn how to clean your makeup brushes. Grimmy brushes and sponges can transfer germs to your makeup and your skin. Take time to regularly clean your sponges by letting it sit in a part of baking soda and warm water. For the brushes, let it sit in the mixture of of clean water, rubbing alcohol, mild shampoo and conditioner, rinse, and dry.
Spring Makeup Trends and Skincare Tips
Once you have your makeup sorted out and your brushes and sponges cleaned, it is time to jump on the latest and hottest spring makeup trends, which basically consist of natural and fresh looks. If you are want to stick to the fresh bare look, you have to start with a clear and glowing complexion. Here are some tips to help you achieve clear glowing skin.
- Regularly clean face using gentle facial cleanser.
- If you have sensitive skin, use hypoallergenic cleansers. If you are not sure what product to use for sensitive seek, consult a dermatologist.
- Juicing can also help cleanse your skin. It helps flush out toxins and nourish your body with antioxidants and nutrients.
- Pamper yourself to regular skin exfoliating treatments. Going for a facial is not a luxury, but in fact, it is must if you want to maintain a clear and glowing complexion.
- Use body lotions with SPF and wear sunscreen on your face. The harsh UV rays can damage your skin and lets you develop sun spots are age spots. Too much sun exposure also hasten premature aging.
- Use creams like Erase Repair HA to help regenerate skin while you sleep or rest.
- Drink multivitamins, especially Vitamins C and E.