Glycerin has many health and beauty benefits. It preserves and retains moisture in the skin, making it an effective humectant. It is also used as a treatment for minor health issues, ranging from constipation to more serious problems such as cerebral edema. Glycerin possesses therapeutic properties, making it an indispensable ingredient in many beauty products on the market.
Glycerin is a sugar-alcohol compound. The organic compound is made up of oxygen, carbon, and hydrogen. It is a viscous, odorless, and colorless liquid. Glycerin is water-soluble, has a sweet taste, and is non-toxic. It is a popular ingredient in soaps, moisturizers, and anti-aging gels. It is also a widely-used ingredient in the production of drugs and pharmaceuticals, food sweetener, and printing ink.
Glycerin nourishes your skin from within. Skincare and beauty products with glycerin will not cause breakouts and rashes. The following are some common uses for glycerin:
- Facial cleanser
- Skin moisturizer
- Hand softener
Consider these benefits of glycerin:
- It helps retain moisture and acts as nourishment for dry skin.
- It is important in cell maturation.
- It is a solution to oily skin problems that result in blackheads and acne.
- It can be used on infants and kids because of its gentle nature.
- It is non-toxic and may be used as a treatment for chapped lips.
- It can be used as a treatment for mouth ulcers.
- It can be applied on cracked heels for overnight results.
- It can be used as a sunscreen.
- It is capable of removing impurities from clogged pores.
- It provides the skin a supple and soft feel.
- It prevents nails from looking dried up after nail polish is removed.
- It can be used as a skin lightener.
- It helps in the reduction of wrinkles for younger-looking skin.
If you are concerned with the protection of the environment, it is best to use vegetable glycerin.
Another way of fostering smooth and young-looking skin is to apply Erase Repair HA. This restorative cream allows the skin to recover from the stress of environmental toxins and restores natural luminosity.