New York Fashion Week (NYFW) 2016 is here, and we will all soon be treated to some quirky-bordering-ridiculous fashion creations. From coutured wearables, eye candy creative pieces, and amazing creations, you will see it all in the coming NYFW shows. But did you know that quirkiness among fashionistas and celebrities is not only about fashion? Hollywood A-listers have a knack for using any means necessary to look fabulous and gorgeous. Since we at Erase Repair love the skin, here are some rumored Hollywood celebs and their surprising health and skin care tactics.
- Blake Lively’s hair is amazing and no one could say otherwise. But did you know that this Gossip Girl star is using mayonnaise to keep her crowning glory smooth and shiny?
- Are you having split-ends problems? If so, you may want to try Victoria’s Secret Angel Alessandra Ambrosio’s hair treatment secret. She goes for a treatment called Velaterapia wherein split ends are burnt off in an open flame. Scary, no?
- Are you having skin breakouts problem? Try Scarlett Johansson’s beauty trick. She uses apple cider vinegar as a toner.
- America’s sweetheart Julia Roberts is not using olive oil for her salad. It also ends up on her skin and nails.
- Do you want to have pouting and luscious lips like Mariah Carey? Try adding peppermint oil to your lip gloss.
- Angelina Jolie has one expensive beauty tricks. She uses Baerli sturgeon caviar on her belly to get rid of stretch marks.
- Would you apply bird poop on your face? Victoria Beckham has no problem with it and look at her sultry skin. Beckham uses a cleansing paste made from nightingale droppings. This practice is part of a traditional Japanese Geisha skin care traditions.
- Have you ever wondered how Gwyneth Paltrow maintains super shiny and tamed hair? If you do, then ask your hairstylist if he can wrap your hair around the loofah, just like Gwyneth’s hair stylist does. Another weird beauty tricks of Gwyneth is called oil pulling, which involves gargling of coconut oil. This is believed to help whiten teeth and draw out toxins.
- J.Lo has a great body, but you know that already. What you don’t know is the expensive maintenance of splashing £167 60ml cream all over her body. Another quirky habit is the 15-minute sniffing of grapefruit to curb her appetite. Looking at her great physique, it must work? Would you try it?
- Unlike Jennifer Lopez and Angelina Jolie, who spend on expensive caviars and creams on their body, Jennifer Love Hewitt is rumored to toothpaste on her face. Yup, use an inexpensive peppermint toothpaste to smoothen out inflamed skin… or not.
So, what are your favorite celebrity beauty tricks? Would you dare try them? How about the quirky high fashion creations at NYFW, would you dare to walk along the streets of NYC garbed in unimaginable fashion ensembles?